Sunday, March 25, 2018

Demo and Art

Well I've been working here and there on my projects, but as spring arrives and summer approaches, I find myself attempting to work on too many projects all at once.   NO, I'm not going to stop working on Dawn - I've come to far to stop now, damnit!  But I am going to have to put a few other things on the side until I can get some more consistent free time for working on stuff.

I have done a few things like a good bit of pretty nice art, at least (see below) and re-worked some of the stuff in my ongoing project: Hentai High School The Board Game.  After play testing I found that the base system of playing cards and using them to corrupt the targets was overly complicated and wanted a simpler, more interesting way of doing it, while still retaining a lot of the themes there in.  In the end I decided on removing the different 'types' of cards and make a deck out of all the cards that are used to corrupt or other things.
While I am keeping the Assumed Risk system that I implemented earlier, I've reduced the downsides massively, while making the primary mechanic the ability to play into a 'stack'.  You pay the cost then stack cards together.  An another turn, you can play ALL the cards at once, and only roll ONCE for assumed risk against all the cards in the stack.  A success, being that you do all the damage from all the cards in the stack.  Failing being you pay the fines of whatever you rolled.  This adds a level of assumed risk to the game.
I also am adding Black Mark cards.  Instead of only one consistent rule for Black Marks, now, when you receive one, you draw a card from a new deck and all the rules on that Black Mark card now apply to your game.  Some will effect everyone, but most will only effect your game and getting rid of it will be an important aspect of the game.
All in all, some progress toward publishing.  I also thought of a non-hentai version of the game that could work very well and we will have to see how that one pans out in the future.

Anyway.  Here's that art I was talking about.  You all keep it fun out there.
 
 
 
 

-VSPAR


No comments:

Post a Comment